:: U P C O M I N G * E V E N T S ::
Meanwhile, please consider...
:: P R E V I O U S * E V E N T S ::
- Present extensions for Open Sound Control at
Computer Music Meetup
:: (September 10, 2014 in San Francisco)
Invited to a panel and open discussion of algorithmic programming
languages including Max/MSP, Pd, Chuck, SuperCollider.
Contributed a proposal for the future development of Open Sound
- Mobile Phones as Ubiquitous Instruments: Towards Standardizing Performance Data on the Network
:: (September in Athens, Greece)
Co-authored with Nathan Bowen.
Presented at ICMC 2014.
See here for more details about
We propose a category of mobile phone musical instrument
called "ubiquitous instrument". We present a conceptual
framework that identifies ubiquitous instruments as a
cultural site for popular and professional performance
practice. Elements of this framework depend upon community
involvement to standardize instrument profiles and
inter-instrument communication shared across the network.
We suggest OSC as the foundation for this network standard
and propose definitions for the range and use of
"musical objects". We present
4Quarters, a collaborative music performance
system driven by mobile phones, which approximates the
ideal of ubiquitous instruments and demonstrates the use of
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion: a participatory singing event for a synchronized headphone choir
:: (June 21, 2014 in New York City)
Chris Welsh and I developed the iPhone app that enables this
mobile choral performance by
See the video.
Make Music New York
- New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (NYCEMF)
:: (June 2-8, 2014
at Abrons Arts Center
Executive Steering Committee roles included: curation,
communications, installation logistics, catering,
audio engineering (16-channel theater).
including performances, installations and presentations.
- Over 200 composers from around the world -- 3 venues hosting 5 to 6 concerts each day
- Playhouse Theater with 8-channel audio, Underground Theater with 6-channels, Experimental Theater with 16-channels
- Pure electroacoustic works and hybrid combinations including dance, live musicians and video
- Installation art
- Late night concerts
- Workshops on eMotion
- Dance works by Palindrome including Motion Composer technology
- Experts of electronic music from around the world
Reception for NYCEMF Composers and their Friends
596 Broadway #602 / 10012
June 1st, 2014 @ 6p
- Inaugural meeting for
New York City Electroacoustic Music Society (NYCEMS, 2013-2017)
:: (December 2013 in New York City)
Beall Center for Art+Technology
:: (October 2013 through January 2014 in Southern California)
Wappen Field will be presented in "Sight & Sound" at the Beall Center
for Art+Technology, opening October 2013.
The sonic palette of Wappen Field has been recently expanded and now
runs about 20 minutes.
In addition to
the show features Paul Demarinis, Lewis deSoto, George Legrady and Ed Osborn.
:: distribution of Q.E.D. in Pacific Rim Mix
Seattle Composers' Forum
:: performance of (hibernation) @ Soundbridge
:: (September in Seattle, Washington)
Oregon Bach Festival Composers' Forum
:: reading of (hibernation) by Fireworks Ensemble
:: (July in Eugene, Oregon)
Darmstadt Internationale Ferienkurse für Neue Musik
:: live performance of Animistic Dreamscape
:: (July in Darmstadt, Germany)
2003 and prior...
...Galapagos, Greenwich Village House, Brooklyn College, Grace Cathedral...
Copyright © 2017 by David Reeder