- Academic Papers: My papers published in refereed and professional fora during my current academic career.
- Professional Publications: Articles in professional magazines and trade journals.
- Older Papers: What I can find of softcopy of my now-very-old work (mostly on concurrent logic programming).
- Press: Things about me, rather than by me.
- Miscellaneous: As the name implies.
PhD Computer Science, 1999, CIRL (University of Oregon)
MS Computer Science, 1992, University of Oregon
BA Physics, 1987, Reed College
Bart Massey received a B.A. in Physics from Reed College in 1987. After 2 years work in the TV Measurement Systems group at Tektronix, Inc. as a DSP programmer and a systems, languages, and tools expert, he returned to school at the University of Oregon, where he received his M.S. in Computer Science in 1992 for work on concurrent logic programming language implementation.
In 1996 Bart joined the University of Oregon Computational Intelligence Research Laboratory, where he worked on applications of combinatorial search to planning, scheduling, and constraint satisfaction. His CS Ph.D. was awarded in 1999 for work on time direction in general-purpose planning.
For the past several years, Bart has taught open source software engineering and artificial intelligence as an Assistant and Associate Professor at Portland State University and for the Oregon Master of Software Engineering program. Bart is Technologist in Residence at the Open Technology Business Center in Beaverton, Oregon, and a Member of the X.Org Foundation Board. He is Faculty Advisor to the Portland State Aerospace Society, where he helps build highly-advanced ultra-low-cost high-altitude rockets, and to the Student Chapter of the Association for Computing Machinery.
Curriculum Vitae (PDF)