Joseph Coates review of "The Singularity is Near"
- Pick 3 distinct criticisms from Coates review of the book.
- For each criticism
- Identify what chapter he is criticizing.
- What idea (from that chapter) is he criticizing? Be specific.
- Use Kurzweil,s characterization from chapter 9 (A Response to Critics)
to categorize the criticism I.e. How would Kurzweil classify Coates criticism.
(A response to incredulity? A Response to complexity of neural processing etc).
- What is your response. Do you agree with Coates or Kurzweil?
- Try and be precise and find evidence (a quote for example) that backs up your thoughts.
- Be prepared to defend your thoughts in mentor session discussion
- Hand in the answers for your three criticim on Wednesday. I piece of paper
with the 5 points above for each crticism.
Back to the Daily Record.
Back to the class web-page.