CS410/510SS: Search and Scheduling
This is the home page for the Winter 2000 offering of
CS410/510SS: Search and Scheduling. It is currently
being offered Tuesday evenings in
A course syllabus is available.
For further information, please contact Bart Massey.
- James M. Crawford.
An Approach To Resource Constrained
Project Scheduling. [rcps]
- David E. Joslin and David P. Clements.
``Squeaky Wheel'' Optimization.
J. Art. Int. Res. 10(1999), pp. 353-373. [swo]
- Will Harvey and Matt Ginsberg. Limited Discrepancy
Search. Proc. IJCAI 1995
(Those experimenting with departmental computers must
follow the ``safety guidelines''.)
- Find A Scheduling Problem
- Brute Force Schedule Packing
- ``Intelligent'' Shift Packing
- Course Project
- More About Search and Scheduling
- Systematic and Local Search Techniques
- Scheduling Spaces and Heuristics
- Realistic Scheduling Problems
- Case Study: The Aircraft Assembly Problem
- Case Study: Squeaky Wheel Optimization
Some ``extra credit'' (as discussed in class, this
is a goodwill sort of thing rather than being worth
specific points) is available.
The CS dept. office has sent a message telling how to find
Author: Bart Massey
Last Updated: 2000/2/15