Reading Exercise #8
Due 5:00 PM, Tuesday March 9, 2015
for Chapter 11 (pp 545-571) of the Scott Text.
Content of reading exercise #8
- What are the characteristics of Logic programming languages?
- What is the resolution principle?
- Explain unification and how it works in Prolog.
- Describe Prolog's evaluation scheme. i.e. how does it answer a query?
- Why does the ordering of clauses matter in Prolog?
- Explain the closed world assumption in Prolog.
- What does it mean for a language to be homoiconic?
- In what way does Prolog's use of Horn clauses restrict the types of statements that can be expressed?