Reading Exercise #2
Due 8:00 AM, Wednesday Jan. 20, 2016
Content of reading exercise #2
- List the various times a decision may be bound.
What types of decisions are typically bound at each time?
- Compare and contrast the three principal storage allocation mechanisms: Static, Stack, and Heap.
What are each of the allocation mechanisms typically used for?
- What are the advantages of using stack-based allocation?
- What are two algorithms for managing space in a heap? How do they work and what are the advantages/disadvantages of each?
- Compare static and dynamic scoping. How do they work and why would one be preferred over the other?
- In nested subroutines, what is the simple method for the nested routine to access the frame of a surrounding scope?
- What is the closest nested scope rule and how does it work?
- What are modules and why are they important in the construction of software?
- What kinds of problems might arise in a program as a result of aliasing?