ELECTRIC HORSE AND HIGH SCHOOL ROBOTICS PROGRAMS.
In early year 2000
a group of educators, high school and university teachers,
engineers and businessmen decided to work on developing advanced and modern robotics
projects for technically-minded high school students.
The following is the list of our projects:
- The "Electric Horse" is a robot walking on four legs.
It can be microcomputer-controlled or remotely controlled.
It should look like a horse and walk like a horse.
In the third year of this project, we are designing the third prototype - it is of the size of a real horse.
- The "Robot Colony" is a colony of mobile robots that communicate and perform tasks.
- The "Portland International Cyber Theatre"
is a set of walking, stationary and mobile robots to perform plays in a robot-puppet theatre.
To see the robots built in Summer 2001, click here:
Summer 2001 Robot Program.
Here are additional links of interest:
- About Electric Horse Project.
- List of questions to high school students.
- The Technology.
- First group of students.
- Gallery of walking robots, useful information and links.
- SCHEDULE OF MEETINGS FOR THE FIRST
THREE WEEKS AND THE SUPERVISING STUDENTS.