MAREK ANDRZEJ PERKOWSKI
Professor of Electrical Engineering
SUNDAY SCHOOL ON QUANTUM ROBOTICS FOR TEENAGERS.
The meetings of our group are on Sundays, 2:30 - 5:30 pm.
I wait for you at the door from Harrison Street.
Our interest is in building robots and embedded systems for practical applications.
We perform also research on quantum computing and its applications.
Our students won many competitions and present research papers worldwide.
We accept teenagers from 13 years up.
PART 1. INFORMATION ABOUT MEETINGS, COMPETITIONS AND DATES.
The information here will be updated.
PART 2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
This section includes lectures about scientific method and research methodology.
It is especially useful to students who participate in ISEF finals.
- Slides on Theory of Science in PDF.
PART 3. BASIC ROBOT DESIGN
This section includes lectures about basic robot design on elementary level.
PART 4. LEGO NXT SYSTEM
This section includes lectures about Lego NXT system and its uses.
PART 5. TETRIX SYSTEM
This section includes lectures about TETRIX system and its uses.
PART 6. ROBOT THEATRE
This section includes lectures about Robot Theatre.
PART 7. ROBOTS FOR AUTISM THERAPY AND DIAGNOSIS
This section includes lectures about Autism, Autism Diagnosis and Autism Therapy using Robots
and Robot Theatre.
PART 8. IMAGE PROCESSING
This section includes lectures about Image Processing, especially in medical applications related to our projects
Robot soccer competitions. Introduction to Robot Vision. Slides in PPT.
Cameras. Visual Servoing. Slides in PPT.
Edge detection and feature extraction algorithms. Slides in PPT.
Labeling and sequential algorithms. Slides in PPT.
Histogramming. Soccer robot vision. Slides in PPT.
Walsh Transforms and butterflies. Slides in PPT.
Walsh Matrix. Slides in PPT.
Spectral Transforms and Image Processing software. Slides in PPT.
Walsh and Fourier Transforms. Butterflies. Fast algorithms and their properties. Use of spectral methods
in robot vision. Slides in PPT.
- Hough Transforms. Slides in PPT.
Hough Transform application in a mobile robot for corridor navigation. Slides in PPT.
- Quad trees and Oct-trees. Slides in PPT.
- Thinning algorithms. Slides in PPT.
Review. Questions in Intelligent Robotics. In Word format.
How many you can answer?
- cv096.dll DLL from Jeff for project.
- cxcore096.dll DLL from Jeff for project.
Thesis by Mikhail Pivtoraiko about using OpenCV on Stanton board. In Word format.
- Instruction about using OpenCV. In PPT format.
- Contact to Sam Siziliano who is OpenCV expert.
- Email from Anthony Kautz
who build speech for robot and worked on OpenCV. Helpful. But may be obsolete now. In txt format.
Vision Guided Motion. Slides in PDF.
Robot Soccer. Birgit Graf, student of Prof. Braunl. Here you can learn about Robot Soccer
and their vision system in full detail. In PDF format.
PART 9. MATLAB PROGRAMMING.
Lectures on Matlab. Lecture 1. Introduction to Matlab.
Lectures on Matlab. Lecture 2. More Matlab Programming.
Lectures on Matlab. Lecture 3. Finishing with Matlab.
Lectures on Matlab. Lecture 4. Finishing with Matlab.
- Lecture on Introduction and Control Basic to Matlab. In PDF.
- The same lecture in PPT.
- Matlab Primer in PDF.
Introduction to Matlab in PPT.
Matlab two-dimensional plots in PPT.
Matlab Script and Function files in PPT.
- Simple Programming in Matlab in PPT.
Solution of non-linear algebraic equations in Matlab. PPT format.
PART 10. QUANTRUM CIRCUITS
This section includes lectures classical logic circuits and quantum circuits.
PART 11. QUANTRUM ALGORITHMS
This section includes lectures about quantum algorithms.
- Motivation to Quantum Computing.
- Quantum Entanglement and EPR circuit.
- Quantum Circuits Analysis and Synthesis.
- Informal introduction to Grover Algorithm.
- Designing Oracles for Grover Algorithm and Homework.
- Comparison of quantum and probabilistic concepts.
- Deutsch's Algorithm.ppt
- Simon Algorithm.
- Grover more formally. Part 1.
- Grover part 2.
- Example of good project from a student. NEW!
This solution still has some errors, but the general design and writeup are good.
WORK OF YALE FAN.
- Generalization of Deutsch Algorithm to MV
- Generalization of Deutsch Jozsa Algorithm to MV
- Generalization of Bernstein-Vazirani Algorithm to MV
- Generalization of Grover Algorithm to MV
- Simulation of Many-Body problems.
STUDENT WORKS ON GROVER SIMULATION
Some projects below have errors. But their general concepts are good.
- Student's work. By Eric Paul. Order of matrices is wrong.
From John Gebbie. Order of matrices is wrong.
- Other student project. Matlab code.
- Another project by Youssef Qassim.
PART 12. QUANTRUM BRAITENBERG VEHICLES
This section includes lectures about Braitenberg Vehicles and Quantum Braitenberg Vehicles which are our invention.
PART 13. QUANTUM FUZZY LOGIC
This section includes lectures about classical fuzzy logic and quantum fuzzy logic which is our invention.
PART 14. AWARDS AND HISTORIC INFORMATION.
This section includes information about previous awards and recognition.