Even I take a break from Computer Science sometimes...
If I'm not doing computer science, I'm probably out Racewalking.
Racewalking is an Olympic sport with two rules: at least one foot must be in contact with the ground at all times, and the leg must be straightened from first contact with the ground until it passes behind the torso. These rules are enforced by judges along the course, who disqualify walkers who break them. (Similar to swimming, where competitors are limited to a particular stroke in each meet, racewalk judging is designed to prevent unfair competition by running.) In the USA competitive racewalking is run by USA Track and Field (USATF) . I am a USATF Oregon Association official.
I'm currently recovering from a car accident. Hoping to race again some day.
I am the 2009 USA National 50k Racewalk Champion.
"Fifty-kilometer racewalkers consider themselves the toughest of the
tough" -- Elliott Denman
"Veinte kilometros es para ninos y cincuenta kilometros es una distancia para las mujeres." -- Mexican saying, in translation
"This is the most RiDICulous race!!" -- Cary Grant, in Walk Don't Run
My racewalking PRs:
- 1 mile track 10:06 (Hayward Classic 2010, Eugene OR)
- 3k indoor 21:27 (University of Portland 2006)
- 3k track 19:43 (State Games of Oregon 2007)
- 5k track 33:30.26 (2011 USATF Oregon 5k Racewalk Championship)
- 10k track 1:09:54.8 (USATF 10km Racewalk Pacific Northwest Regional Championship April 26, 2008 )
- 10k road 1:09:45 (2010 USA Masters Outdoor Track & Field Championships)
- 20k road 2:23:24 (USA 20k Masters Racewalk National Championship 2006)
- Half Marathon 2:43:15 (Portland Half Marathon Race Walk 2013)
- 30k road 3:39:15 (USA National Championship 30k racewalk Oct 28, 2007; 7th place)
- 40k road 4:55:09 (USA National Championship 40k racewalk Sept 16, 2007; 3rd place)
- 50k road 6:15:16 (USA National Championship 50k racewalk Feb 7, 2010; 3rd Place)
- 1 Hour Postal track 8899.90 meters (Western Regional Sept 2, 2007)
- Half Marathon 2:36:21 (Seattle Half Marathon November 2006)
- Marathon 5:23:08 (Seattle Marathon November 2007)