Minisat on Windows
To install MiniSat on windows you will need cygwin.
- Go to cygwin.com.
- Follow the "install cygwin" link.
- Download the file "setup.exe"
- Put it in a place where you'll remember, because if you ever want to update cygwin, the same program will remember the current state and assist you in the update process.
- Double click on "setup.exe", follow the instructions, the minimal installation will work.
- The process will create a series of directories rooted at ../cygwin/...
Most people place this the cygwin root on drive C, so C:/cygwin/... is the root.
- Go to the MinSat page.
- Get the precomplied binary for Cygwin/windows.
- Move this to the bin directory of the cygwin root. For example the directory "C:/cygwin/bin/" .
- Rename the file to "minisat.exe" in this directory.
- Add "C:/cygwin/bin" to the windows path. Go to the control panel
and search for "path". Then click on "edit environment variables for your account".
- You can start up Minisat by
- double clicking on "minisat.exe"
- type "minisat" in a cygwin window
- type the full path "c:\cygwin\bin\minisat.exe" in a windows command window.
I have seen other directions that tell you to place the binary
in "cygwin/usr/local/bin/ " This works fine if you only want to call MiniSat
from a cygwin window, but to call it from a windows command window, one needs the
cygwin DLL's which are all in cygwin\bin\ . So placing the executable there
makes it much easier since all the cygwin DLLs are in the same directory.
Back to the class web-page.
Back to the Course Schedule.