:: U P C O M I N G * E V E N T S ::
Meanwhile, please consider...
:: P R E V I O U S * E V E N T S ::
- Present extensions for Open Sound Control at
Computer Music Meetup
:: (September 10, 2014 in San Francisco)
Invited to a panel and open discussion of algorithmic programming
languages including Max/MSP, Pd, Chuck, SuperCollider.
Contributed a proposal for the future development of Open Sound
- Mobile Phones as Ubiquitous Instruments: Towards Standardizing Performance Data on the Network
:: (September in Athens, Greece)
Co-authored with Nathan Bowen.
Presented at ICMC 2014.
for the ubi mailing list -- discussion about ubiquitous
instruments and OSC extentions.
We propose a category of mobile phone musical instrument
called "ubiquitous instrument". We present a conceptual
framework that identifies ubiquitous instruments as a
cultural site for popular and professional performance
practice. Elements of this framework depend upon community
involvement to standardize instrument profiles and
inter-instrument communication shared across the network.
We suggest OSC as the foundation for this network standard
and propose definitions for the range and use of
"musical objects". We present
4Quarters, a collaborative music performance
system driven by mobile phones, which approximates the
ideal of ubiquitous instruments and demonstrates the use of
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion: a participatory singing event for a synchronized headphone choir
:: (June 21, 2014 in New York City)
Chris Welsh and I developed the iPhone app that enables this
mobile choral performance by
See the video.
Make Music New York
- New York City Electroacoustic Music Festival (NYCEMF)
:: (June 2-8, 2014
at Abrons Arts Center
Executive Steering Committee roles included: curation,
communications, installation logistics, catering,
audio engineering (16-channel theater).
including performances, installations and presentations.
- Over 200 composers from around the world -- 3 venues hosting 5 to 6 concerts each day
- Playhouse Theater with 8-channel audio, Underground Theater with 6-channels, Experimental Theater with 16-channels
- Pure electroacoustic works and hybrid combinations including dance, live musicians and video
- Installation art
- Late night concerts
- Workshops on eMotion
- Dance works by Palindrome including Motion Composer technology
- Experts of electronic music from around the world
Reception for NYCEMF Composers and their Friends
596 Broadway #602 / 10012
June 1st, 2014 @ 6p
:: distribution of Q.E.D. in Pacific Rim Mix
Seattle Composers' Forum
:: performance of (hibernation) @ Soundbridge
:: (September in Seattle, Washington)
Oregon Bach Festival Composers' Forum
:: reading of (hibernation) by Fireworks Ensemble
:: (July in Eugene, Oregon)
Darmstadt Internationale Ferienkurse für Neue Musik
:: live performance of Animistic Dreamscape
:: (July in Darmstadt, Germany)
2003 and prior...
...Galapagos, Greenwich Village House, Brooklyn College, Grace Cathedral...
Copyright © 2017 by David Reeder