CS584/684 Algorithm Analysis and Design Spring 2017
Required: Corman, Leiserson, Rivest, and Stein, Introduction to Algorithms,3rd ed., MIT Press 2009.
CLRS web page has errata, solutions to
some exercises, clrscode3e latex package, etc.
Midterm: Monday, May 8 in class.
- Covers all materials (reading, lecture notes homeworks) from weeks 1-4 only.
(Dynamic programming is not included.)
- One 8.5x11 one-sided sheet of hand-written notes permitted.
- Homework due Wednesday, May 10 will be to repeat the exam as a take-home.
- Practice problems and sample solutions.
- A Page
discussing recommendations for where to start learning latex.
- The detexify tool is handy for finding symbol names.
- The ShareLaTex tool is handy for avoiding the need to install your own latex system, and also for collaboration (but remember the Individual Work policy!)
- The clrscode3e package.
- The latex source for Lecture 1 illustrates many useful techniques.